Lease a copier or multifunction printer for small to medium business to leverage the power of state-of-the-art technologies. As with any lease, it’s important to understand the details of your office equipment lease agreement before you sign on the dotted line.
Be Aware Of All Lease Related Costs
An authorized vendor will make sure you understand all costs related with your lease. Here are a few questions you should to ask:
- How will my costs-per-copy be calculated?Several factors come into play when calculating cost-per-copy when on a lease. For example, are 11 x 17 copies a higher rate than standard letter or legal-size copies?
- Who pays for supply delivery charges?You may get a great deal on your lease, but find out too late that high shipping and handling fees for toner, drums, or other supplies are an added expense. Check into these details before you sign.
- Is scanning also charged?If you plan to use your multifunction printer for paperless processes, it pays to find out if there are additional charges for scans.
- What are the insurance requirements?How much insurance is required on the equipment? Is it permissible under the terms of your lease to use your company’s insurance plan?
End of Lease Procedures
Every lease has to end. It’s important to understand your obligations and requirements, so you’re prepared well in advance.
- Contract renewal. It’s best to be aware of your end-of-lease date so you’re prepared to contact the vendor, letting them know your intentions. But, you should understand the vendor’s procedure if your end-of-lease date passes before you’ve let them know your plans. Should you expect a month-to-month lease or will you be responsible for another full year?
- Return procedures. At the end of your lease, you’ll need to return the copier to the vendor. Make sure you understand the details, so you are prepared to meet all requirements of the procedure. Also find out if you are responsible for return shipping fees, insurance costs, etc.
- Hard-drive destruction or removal. Ask about procedures for removal or destruction of the device’s hard drive at the end of your lease. Are there additional fees? Who pays for them?
If the copier will not work as designed, will another copier of equal value and capabilities be offered in its place? It is wise to establish the guarantees you receive from your vendor. Contact Magnum today to find out more about copier or printer lease.
Magnum is an exclusive platinum level Xerox dealer and our clients span across the United States. We can service and support your Xerox devices anywhere in the United States with a guaranteed same day / next day on-site service guarantee.
To learn more about how Magnum can help your organization evaluate your existing copier leases or provide a quote for new copier and printer equipment, please call (800) 893 1183 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org